Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New features in the latest ssLauncher

v1.14.14
- supports 'Ok Google' hotword detection
- can search icons by name from icon packs

v1.14.13
- supports Nepali
- improved the icon pack picker

v1.14.12
- added 'stretch page background' option in menu > theme > margins and others

v1.14.11
- supports Ukrainian
- fixed the stretching image issue for the page background
- fixed some bugs

v1.14.10
- fixed the crash when setting the shadow of page labels on KitKat
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.14.9
- added 'transparent system UI' option
- fixed some bugs

v1.14.8
- supports transparent system UI for some non-KitKat devices
- fixed the issue for system wallpaper in landscape mode

v1.14.7
- resolved an issue for system wallpaper
- added new options: 'fixed weather location' & 'triple tap'
- fixed some bugs

v1.14.6
- added new dynamic text/image for GPS status
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.14.5
- fixed some bugs

v1.14.4
- improved icon quality for the high resolution devices
- added new dynamic image for the mobile data status
- fixed some critical bugs in dynamic images
- fixed the bug for the launcher action shortcut
- fixed some bugs

v1.14.3
- fixed updating bug of the dynamic image for 'unread SMS'
- gives a tip for the gesture to open menu
- fixed some bugs

v1.14.2
- new action: Toggle menus (dock menu > menu > close menu)
- new dynamic text/image: Bluetooth status (uses bluetooth permission)
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.14.1
- resolved the conflict between pinch-out gesture and shortcut gesture
- improved approach to get signal strength in Android 4.2.2 or higher
- fixed some bugs

v1.14.0
- Dynamic icons/images: This will be very powerful feature. Image version of dynamic text.
For example, you can create an analog clock, which is a shortcut not a widget!, in the below screenshot. This is a very tiny example of dynamic images.



- added dynamic text and images for signal strength and weather of current location information.
  * The 2 new permissions are required for this.
- can customize the action for 'home'/'back' key and 'swipe down' gesture.
- added double-tap option in preferences
- fixed some bugs and optimized

30 comments:

  1. I did try shortcut for current temp but it shows temp with decimals... 13.5 is there an option to round it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dynamic wallpapers work great, thank you very much. Except time based wallpapers, I am working on new dynamic wallpapers that change with weather conditions. Thank you for this.
    I have one issue so far, dynamic icons for sms and missed calls don't work, icon dissappears for zero count and icon doesn't change either. I dont install extra plugin for notifications but for sms and missed calls it shouldn't be necessary. Need some help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback. I will check the issue.

      Delete
  3. The dynamic Icons are really cool! I tested out the WiFi icon which worked out great however, the Network Signal did not. I would love a fix in an upcoming update. Thanks and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you use 4G network? If so, the network icon would work properly on Android 4.2.2 or higher.

      Delete
  4. How do I set up dynamic wallpaper? I choose dynamic wallpaper for App drawer and then "create" I choose template for weather and apply changes. However the wallpaper does not change? It feels that I do not make any choice, just edit...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must select the dynamic image for weather, which you created, as a the background of the app drawer page.
      1. tap the background icon for the page in menu
      2. select 'dynamic image'
      3. select the weather dynamic image that you created.

      Delete
  5. Greetings!
    I have the free version, I downloaded the circles theme, but for some reason my pages labels are gone! I have tried all the option to get them back (changed colors, font type, font size, radius, dx, dy, margins). I like them, since it's the free version I don't know why I can't make them to display! I'm in Kitkat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must turn on the 'hide label' option in menu > theme > label. But it is possible only on the paid version.

      Delete
  6. But I want them to show, not to hide them, and they are hidden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncheck the option. Then the labels will be shown.

      Delete
    2. I can't unclick it , it shows that is marked but I can't un mark, I don't want to re install it and even it is a pro version I like them shown

      Delete
    3. Sorry, it can be enabled only for the paid version as I said.

      Delete
  7. A wonderful launcher ever I seen, great work,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there or will be a counter for whatsapp or for k-mail. Thus would be nice to have it. Thanks. Anyway it's a great launcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to use notification counter. You can find a article for this in the tutorials in this blog.

      Delete
    2. Tried this one. But it does not work. Neither for whatsapp nor k-mail

      Delete
    3. Enable the notification of Whatsapp and k-mail first. Notification monitor delivers the notifications to ssLauncher. Also, you can activate only one accessibility service at once.

      Delete
    4. I had that problem with K-9 Mail too. It turns out that it conflicted with PushBullet's notification mirroring, so I disabled PB mirroring for the K-9 app only and now everything works. If you have another service that's intercepting notifications, that might be the problem.

      Delete
    5. That's right. Notification for K-@mail counts the times that it checks for new mail. So you end up with 12 notifications but new mail in case that k-mail did not found them

      Delete
    6. The notification counter is not exact because it is impossible to catch the deleting event for notification programmatically.

      Delete
  9. I just wanted to say that I love the new dynamic icons. Right now I'm using a dynamic icon for the current weather condition/temperature that will pop up my weather widget with the week's forecast, and it's fantastic!

    I'm just wondering if at some point you might consider more settings for the weather information you retrieve, like letting us set our own locations instead of using GPS (I think that's what you're doing?) or setting the update interval? Apologies if I missed the options around here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it uses GPS for current location and update interval is 30 min currently. And already I have a plan to add some options to change it. =)

      Delete
  10. plz add application shortcut to home , menu , back and search key

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestions. I will consider it.

      Delete
  11. After last application (paid version) upgrade possibility of set label caption to current time disappeared. Please restore it.

    ReplyDelete