Now we review the gestures in ssLauncher, which supports it in some different way from the other launchers.
SsLauncher has two kind of gestures: 'global gesture' and 'shortcut gesture'.
The 'global gesture' can be invoked on any area of the screen.
This consists of the following gestures.
- Swipe down (can be set in preferences) : 'open status bar' in default.
- Double tap (can be set in preferences) : 'nothing' in default.
- Triple tap (can be set in preferences) : 'nothing' in default.
- Pinch in (cannot be set) : open the menu screen
- Swipe up the second touch while holding the first touch on screen (cannot be set) : show up the 'dock menu bar' when it is hidden by checking 'hide dock bar' in preferences.
Hmmm... Too few gestures comparing the other launchers? haha...
Let's start to review the 'shortcut gesture' from now.
First, make a shortcut to 'music' and edit it.
You can set 4 activities for the 4 direction gestures in the 'Gestures'.
For example, we will set an equalizer app for the 'up' direction.
1. Check on 'enabled' for 'Gesture: up'.
2. Select your equalizer app for 'target'.
After applying the changes, you can run the music application by tapping the shortcut and also the equalizer app by swiping up the shortcut. So you can set totally 5 activities for one shortcut in this manner: 'tap' and 4 direction gestures. This is very simple example to use 'shortcut gesture'.
Let's learn more complicated way to use 'shortcut gesture' with the 'pin' feature from now.
1. Create a empty shortcut and 'pin' it.
2. Move and resize the pinned shortcut on the right edge of the screen as the screenshot.
Uncheck 'Clickable' and check 'Invisible when locked' in the configuration screen of the shortcut.
Now assign a web browser for the 'left' direction gesture and apply the changes.
Then, open the menu screen and lock the layout by toggling the 'locker' icon on the left-bottom screen.
The shortcut will be invisible like the screenshot.
Try to swipe left the right edge of the screen. The web browser will run.
This gesture can be invoked on any pages because the shortcut was pinned.
You can define many gestures for any part of screen in this manner. I think this is very strong feature than the other launchers.
How do you think? =)